1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 1:19 PM by gchermont

PI Vision access on Mobile Devices via the Web (without VPN/ Remote Access)

Muthulingam-EnQuest

Guys, we are planning to implement PI Vision next year, I have some quick questions regarding it's features and implementation:

1. Can the users access PI Vision on their Mobile Devices via the Web Browser using an an external Network (without using VPN/ Citrix Remote Access)?
      2. If yes, what are security settings required to do this (Log In Credentials/ SSL Certificates)?
      3. As an interim solution, I'm looking at publishing certain Dashboard Pages from the current PI ProcessBook via Microsoft SharePoint. What are the required Microsoft SharePoint versions or Interfaces required to do this?
      4. Currently, our Microsoft SharePoint custodian says that PI Web Part is only meant for the the On-Premise version of SharePoint (2010 and 2013). Can someone help me to understand this? Do we have to update our PI System or Microsoft SharePoint

This is to enable the users to access the PI System via their phones easily.

Best regards,

Muthulingam Ramiah

Ganesh Supromaniam

• Re: PI Vision access on Mobile Devices via the Web (without VPN/ Remote Access)
          gchermont

Hello Muthulingam,

There are no plans for new releases for PI WebParts. So that PI WebParts 2013 SP3 (last release) is only compatible to the following Microsoft Sharepoint versions:

• Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
          • Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
          • Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
          • Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013

OSIsoft highly recommends all the users to use PI Vision from now on.

It is possible to expose PI Vision through the internet in a similar way of Sharepoint. In this case it is very important to use SSL Certificates and you can use an architecture similar to the one below.

With Kerberos delegation configured, the users will be able to use their own domain credentials.

Hope this helps,

2 of 2 people found this helpful