3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2018 8:10 PM by sraposo

How to force to close an event frame?

Miriana

Hi,

some event frames are opened from August 2018, but their start trigger condition is not true.

The EF type is Periodic (every 2 hours) and I receive many notifications related to these false conditions.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Miriana

• Re: How to force to close an event frame?
          Roger Palmen

Open the EventFrame in PSE and set the End timestamp.

Or otherwise, perform backfilling and replace data over August 2018 till now. But before that will give any results, be sure to check using the backfill preview first.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            rkunzman

Hi Miriana,

It sounds to me like there may be some configuration errors in your event frame start trigger. By default, event frames should close when your start trigger conditions are no longer true as long as there is no end trigger condition set. In your case, your event frames seem to still be triggering and sending you notifications, which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with how the start trigger is configured.

Without more details I cant accurately troubleshoot the issue, but I would be more than happy to set up a tech support case with you. Please let me know what you would like to do.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              sraposo

Hi Miriana,

Do you have Autobackfilling enabled?

You can see this in PI System Explorer > Management tab , under operations right click > "Edit Analysis Service Configuration".

If autobackfilling is disabled, you should enable it. Otherwise, event frame reconciliation won't happen and you can end up with opened Event Frames.

More information can be found here: PI Server

Hope this helps,
              Seb

1 of 1 people found this helpful