6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 3:01 AM by YMax

Shutdown Advise Failed: Unknown Error (80040202)

YMax

Hello guys!

I broke my head while looking for the cause of the error. I created a new instance of OPC DA Interface, on the same node where everything is already working. What I mean:

1. There is the Server1, where:

- OPC DA Server1 is installed

- local user account svc-interface is created

- DCOM settings are configured as required

- Policy settings are configured as well

2. There are Node1 and Node2, where:

- PI OPC DA Interface is installed

- local user accounts are created on the both Nodes. Accounts have the same name and passwords like on the Server1

- DCOM settings are configured as required

- Policy settings are configured as well

- InterfaceInstance_1 and 2 are running under accounts mentioned above, they are have identical settings, connected to OPC Server_1 successful and reading data well (because all needed ports are opened, all needed exceptions are created on the Firewall, there all permissions to files and folders, etc.)

- Interfaces are configured as Failover, and work good several years without errors. They where restarted many times, and no any issues.

Now I created the 3rd instance on the Node2 absolutely the same as the first and second instances (OPC Server on the Server1 is data source as well), but when I run it, I get error messages listed below. According to these messages I see that interface connects successful, but after that connection failed.

4. Disconnecting from OPC Server

3. CheckConnection disconnecting thread bla bla bla

2. Shutdown Advise Failed:: Unknown error (80040202)

1. Connected to OPC Server

I had double check all settings everywhere, but didn't find where the problem is hiding.

I hope someone knows how to fix it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Maxim.