AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI Vision Custom Symbol Shapes

Question asked by yuzhelu on Nov 13, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2018 by Roger Palmen

I'm trying to create what is called a Duval Triangle (link: A Software Implementation of the Duval Triangle Method - IEEE Conference Publication ) within Vision using JavaScript and HTML canvasing. Currently the program draws out the triangle using html canvas and then uses PI AF data to plot and connect the points in a line on the graph. On update, it clears the canvas and re-draws everything. This is causing a lot of delay processing data, and eventually the program stops working. I dont think this was the best way to approach it. Ideally, I want a static background that will contain the Duval Triangle itself. As PI Values update and come in, older values will be removed as new ones are added, similar to a line graph. Has anyone had experience developing custom objects that accomplish a similar task effectively?

Here is a screen cap of what it looks like in the current stage within PI Vision. The lines inside with points 1 to 3 would move as new data is added. Everything else would remain static.Dtriangle.JPG

Thank you

Outcomes