2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 6:14 PM by BrianKHeritage

Input file in a Powershell script.

BrianKHeritage

With the help of Thyagarajan Ramachandran, I've created two Powershell scripts, one to find records with invalid timestamps and another to delete these records.  Both work fine.  I have been asked to add one more feature to the scripts, and that is the ability of the scripts to read in an input file with a list of tags and use this list to either return the bad records for this group of tags or delete the records for this group of tags.  Here is my input file:

Bad_Tags_Input.txt

which has the following in it:

CN_AMB_CI_Cuasi

CN_AMB_III_Moderado

The script I came up with for the read is as follows:

# connect to PI Data Archive by machine name
      $con = Connect-PIDataArchive -PIDataArchiveMachineName OTCENPIDADEV1 -ErrorAction Stop

if ($con.Connected)
      {
          # get a collection of PIPoints from an input file
          $PIPoints = Get-Content Bad_Tag_Input.txt

if ($PIPoints -ne $null)
          {
              foreach ($PIPoint in $PIPoints)
              {
                  Get-PIPoint -Name $PIPoint -AllAttributes -Connection $con
                  $ProcessTag = $PIPoint
                  $ProcessTagName = $ProcessTag.Point.Name
                  Write-Output "Now processing $ProcessTagName"
                  Get-PIValue -PIPoint $PIPoint -Starttime "01-Nov-2018" -EndTime "01-Dec-2018" | Where-Object { ($_.Timestamp).timeofday -ne "11:00:00"} | Select-Object Timestamp,Value
              }
          }
      }

Unfortunately, I'm getting errors when I run the scripts.  The error I'm getting is this:

Name: CN_AMB_CI_Cuasi; Id: 3274; Server: pi://otcenpidadev1:5450/         {convers, compmin, zero, compmax...}

Now processing

Get-PIValue : Cannot bind parameter 'PIPoint'. Cannot convert the "CN_AMB_CI_Cuasi" value of type "System.String" to type "OSIsoft.PowerShell.PIPoint".

At C:\Users\svr.bhe.ot\Documents\Retrieve_BadA.ps1:17 char:34

+             Get-PIValue -PIPoint $PIPoint -Starttime "01-Nov-2018" -E ...

+                                  ~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-PIValue], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,OSIsoft.PowerShell.GetPIValue

Name: CN_AMB_III_Moderado; Id: 3275; Server: pi://otcenpidadev1:5450/     {convers, compmin, zero, compmax...}

Now processing

Get-PIValue : Cannot bind parameter 'PIPoint'. Cannot convert the "CN_AMB_III_Moderado" value of type "System.String" to type "OSIsoft.PowerShell.PIPoint".

At C:\Users\svr.bhe.ot\Documents\Retrieve_BadA.ps1:17 char:34

+             Get-PIValue -PIPoint $PIPoint -Starttime "01-Nov-2018" -E ...

+                                  ~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-PIValue], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,OSIsoft.PowerShell.GetPIValue

It appears that it is retrieving the two tags from the input file but for some reason can't convert the tagname from type "System.String" to type "OSISoft.PowerShell.PIPoint".  Anyone have any idea why?  What am I doing wrong?

• Re: Input file in a Powershell script.
          Lal_Babu_Shaik

Hi Brain

Modified the script: Error occuried due to Get-PIValue where it takes -PointName rather than -PIPoint. Highlighted in bold for reference.

$con = Connect-PIDataArchive -PIDataArchiveMachineName OTCENPIDADEV1 -ErrorAction Stop

if ($con.Connected)

{

# get a collection of PIPoints from an input file

$PIPoints = Get-Content Bad_Tag_Input.txt

if ($PIPoints -ne $null)

{

foreach ($PIPoint in $PIPoints)

{

#Get-PIPoint -Name $PIPoint -AllAttributes -Connection $con

(Get-PIPoint  -Name $PIPoint -attributes tag,datatype,description -Connection $con).attributes|select values |Format-list

$ProcessTag = $PIPoint

$ProcessTagName = $ProcessTag.Point.Name

Write-Output "Now processing $ProcessTagName"

Write-Output $PIPoint

#Get-PIValue -PIPoint $PIPoint -Connection $con -Starttime "07-Dec-2018" -EndTime "08-Dec-2018" | Select TimeStamp,Value

Get-PIValue -PointName $PIPoint -Connection $con -Starttime "01-Nov-2018" -EndTime "01-Dec-2018" | Where-Object { ($_.Timestamp).timeofday -ne "11:00:00"}  | Select-Object TimeStamp, Value

}

}

}

Sample output :

1 of 1 people found this helpful