AnsweredAssumed Answered

I wanted to get your thoughts on what items I should be monitoring in PI PerfMon.

Question asked by BrianKHeritage on Dec 13, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2018 by LalBabuShaik

Many years ago, at another site, I had a PI ProcessBook display that gave me a one page display of my overall PI Environment from tags collected through PI PerfMon.  I'm now at a new site where I have multiple servers and I'd like to implement PI PerfMon.  Having looked at the number of potential tags that I can create to monitor all the items Windows as well as PI exposes through PerMon, it is quite overwhelming.  I'm sure there are some folks here who already have PerfMon running and can narrow down the tags to just what is important to monitor.  I have the following servers at site:

• PI Data Archive server
  • PI AF server
  • PI Analytics Services server
  • PI Interface server
  • PI Vision server that is also the Web server

I know that I will have to monitor some common things at each server but I suspect at each server there will be other tags that will be unique to that server.  My hope is that some folks here might be able to steer me in the right direction.  As this is something I am building from scratch, I am very much open to suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes