AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set AF Event Frame Reason Value in Analysis

Question asked by fmocke on Jan 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2019 by fmocke

Good day,

I have a very simple Event Frame Template called "Asset Down". The Event Frame Template has one Attribute called Reason which is linked to an Enumeration Set called Downtime. We make use of PI Vision to capture the Reason field which is linked to the enumeration set.

For normal downtimes, everything works as planned. The event gets generated, and the operator captures the reason using PI AF. However, there are some unique cases where the reason is known based on the signal used to generate the event:

• Crusher bridging
  • Waiting for ore

An operator in the crusher control room gives an input to the SCADA showing the crusher is in bridging mode or waiting for ore mode. This data is obviously sent to PI, which is used to generate the downtime event. However, when the event is generated, there is no way for me to give a default reason value to the event based on the input signal. My downtime event code looks as follows:

Capture.PNG

For example. on crusher bridging, the Val signal will be a binary signal from PI which shows bridging or not briding. Based on that the downtime event is generated. However, there is no way for me to specify the downtime reason within the Analyses.

I would like to be able to set the Reason to "Crusher Bridging" or "Waiting for Ore" based on the signal.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

Franco

Outcomes