Please note : XY plots and events tables require third-party certificates; they cannot use self-signed certificates. You can configure server certificate and assign to PI Vision and PI Web API or request CA certificate.
If users connect to PI Vision using an alias or a name other than the fully qualified domain name or machine name, then configure PI Web API to support different origins. Thisconfiguration is required for XY plots and events tables. Use PI System Explorer to update theCorsOrigins attribute in the System Configuration element.
- Open PI System Explorer as an administrator.
- Click File > Database to open the Select Database window.
- From the Asset server list, select the database that stores the PI Web API configuration, and then select Configuration from the list of databases and click OK.PI System Explorer opens the Configuration database.
- In the Elements browser, expand OSIsoft > PI Web API > PI Vision Server Name > SystemConfiguration .
- In the viewer, click the Attributes tab to see the PI Web API configuration.The installation program sets the CorsOrigins attribute to https://PIVisionServerName, https://PIVisionServerFQDN.
- Edit the CorsOrigins attribute to add the alias or other name used to accessing PI Vision through web browsers e.g. https://PIVisionServerName, https://PIVisionServerFQDN.
- CorsExposedHeaders : Allow,Content-Encoding,Content-Length,Date,Location
- CorsHeaders: content-type,requestverificationtoken,x-requested-with
- CorsMethods : GET,OPTIONS,POST
Maybe it helps, but as i understood the PI Vision 2018 version should take a step forward and simplify the architecture of the XY and EventFrames symbols, removing the need for a number of these steps. PI Vision - Roadmap Details