AnsweredAssumed Answered

Performance Equation does not update its value by clock scheduling

Question asked by Dr.Zhou on Mar 10, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2019 by Eugene Lee

Hello,

Performance Equation is the frequent tool I'm utilizing for the initial calculation of raw data. Thousands of them have been employed in my PI system. Lately, I got myself lost in this familiar toolkit.

Odd 1

The clock scheduling is not exactly the granularity I setup. For example, for the clock schedule = 2 seconds, I got ~5 seconds for calculation performed and values updated. ( I carried out the test by accumulating a fixed value to the same point. ) Sometimes, it doesn't work at all.

Odd 2

A certain amount of new points created by Perfrmance Equations do not update themselves. For example, I formulate 100 Performance Equations (clock schedule=10min), while ~80 of them update themselves and other ~20 remain "pt created", when I check them out after half an hour. Those "pt created" points could remain intact a few days, and, for one moment I did not notice, they abruptly start their life in PI.

I know I got the basic settings for Performance Equation right, since most of them could work normally.

These strange things have frustrated me for the last month. Modification to the PI system I could recall are as follows,

1, 20 thousands new tags were add up to the database, while a variety of them were Performance Equationed.

2, the pipeschd.bat was expanded for a few new clock schedules.

Could you please help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

ZYY

Outcomes