2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 2:44 AM by Sanjeeb

Industry Standards for OSISoft PI systems.

Sanjeeb

Hi - I am wondering as to what are the Industry Standards we follow within our OSI PI systems guidelines!! We still struggle to juggle between few (at least that's what I feel). . Any relevant inputs w.r.t. the Industry Standards would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sanjeeb

• Re: Industry Standards for OSISoft PI systems.
          John Messinger

Where to start with answering such a broad question as this? Are you looking for information as to what standards are natively supported within the PI System, or what standards you can build to with it?

Off the top of my head, I've built and seen AF data models that are built using standards such as S-88 and S-95 (see a couple of posts at Historian and MES Integration and PI and MES: Equipment Model as great examples), IEEE762 (we're currently building something for this for a customer). Some interfaces are built to use specific industry standard protocols etc.

In short, you can probably implement models and applications within the PI system that conform to just about any industry standard you need. Can you be a bit more specific in your question, such as 'Can we implement industry standard xxx' or 'Does anyone have any experience implementing standard xxx in PI'? You might find that a specific topic like this may draw out the community user's experiences much more.

• Re: Industry Standards for OSISoft PI systems.
              Sanjeeb

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I understand this being a broad question; but yes, if you could let me know as to,

•   what standards are natively supported within the PI System?

•   what standards we can build to with it?

•   ISA-95 is as well supported as I understand (correct me if I am wrong)

Probably, that would help for now. Thank again John.

Regards,

Sanjeeb