AnsweredAssumed Answered

[-10734] PINET: Broken Connection

Question asked by trosad on Mar 11, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2020 by lmurphy

I am running a script that moves the data from tags on a data archive based in Asia to a data archive based in the US. To do so, I am running a recorded values call on a PIPoint list of approx. 100 tags and then updating the tags with the same name on the US server. I have included some of that code below. I continuously get errors saying "[-10734] PINET: Broken Connection". When looking at the logs I have noticed that there is an idle connection being broken by the system. Is there any way I can account for this in my code? Let me know if you need me to provide anything else.

1. // Results should be sent back for 150 tags in each page.  
  2. PIPagingConfiguration config = new PIPagingConfiguration(PIPageType.TagCount, 150);  
  4. // Some extra timing functions for chunking by month for entire period  
  6. //Data Moving Magic Happens Here  
  7. try  
  8. {  
  9.      //****READ****  
  10.      dataWatch.Start();  
  11.      ts = DateTime.Now;  
  12.      Console.WriteLine(ts.ToString() + " ......Starting Collection for Month with End Time: " + StrEnd);  
  13.      IEnumerable<AFValues> listResults = sourcePtList.RecordedValues(  
  14.      timerange, AFBoundaryType.Inside, nullfalse, config);  
  15.      dataWatch.Stop();  
  16.      ts = DateTime.Now;  
  17.      Console.WriteLine(ts.ToString() + " ......Collection Completed in " + dataWatch.Elapsed);  
  19.      //****WRITE****  
  20. }

There is much more to the script, but I believe the issue is within the read part. The read from the source server will happen, and while the writing to the destination server is happening I receive the error that the connection to the source server was broken. Thanks!

Outcomes